[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] Philly Fall Underscore Sat Nov 19 2-5pm

Loren Groenendaal lorengroenendaal at gmail.com
Sat Nov 5 11:44:58 EDT 2016

Hello Philadelphia area dancers,

You are invited to participate in the Underscore in 2 weeks!

The Underscore was developed by renowned contact improviser Nancy Stark
Smith, but this long format jam is also wonderful lab for investigating
solo and ensemble improvisation and composition. The score is flexible and
fun and helps to focus individuals and groups and open up expanding
possibilities for movement, awareness, and interaction. Built into the long
duration are times for preparation, rest, and reflection. This Underscore is
facilitated by Loren Groenendaal and Megan Wilson Stern.

The Underscore itself starts at 2pm, but if you have never done an
Underscore, please come promptly at 1pm for a talk through to learn the
structure of the jam, so we can nonverbally follow the dancing journey
together.

WHAT: Philly Spring Underscore
WHEN: Saturday, November 19 1:00-2:00 Talk Through, 2:00-5:00
Underscore Practice
5:00-6:00pm Dinner Potluck
WHERE: Mascher Space Cooperative, 155 Cecil B. Moore Ave. 2B Philadelphia,
PA 19122
ADMISSION: $5-$15 sliding scale at door
QUESTIONS: Email Loren Groenendaal <LorenGroenendaal at gmail.com> or Megan
Wilson Stern <mcwilson3 at gmail.com>

Learn more about this Philly Spring Underscore here, RSVP, and invite your
friends: https://www.facebook.com/events/1994130077480433
You can also read more about the Underscore in general here:
nancystarksmith.com/underscore

NOTES:
This is NOT a come and go jam, rather there is a structure for a more
focused jam. Plan on committing to the whole session. Built into this long
duration, there is time for preparation and recovery.

As this is a long jam, it is highly recommended to bring SNACKS and a WATER
BOTTLE for yourself. After the Underscore, we are hoping to have Potluck
style dinner, so please bring something to share during the harvest and
dinner time. We can stay later for some socializing.

It is recommended to bring a JOURNAL and PEN for reflection during the
score or learning the score in the talk through.

Thank you,
Loren

*Loren Groenendaal*
MFA in Choreography
BA in Dance and Visual Arts
Certified Movement Analyst
Founding Artistic Director of Vervet Dance <http://www.vervetdance.org/>
Founding Member/Curator of Impermanent Society of Philadelphia
<http://www.impermanentsociety.com/>
Founding Member/Artist in Residence of Mascher Space Cooperative
<http://mascherdance.com/>

Accepting secure tax deductible donations to Vervet Dance through Fractured
Atlas
<https://www.fracturedatlas.org/site/fiscal/profile?id=8174#about_project> to
support our ongoing expenses and upcoming projects.