[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] "WANDERLUST" OPENS TONIGHT UNDER THE STARS!

Lindsay Browning benzlinds at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 14 11:39:57 EDT 2016

    Wanderlust* 8pm
October 14, 15, 16 and 21, 22, 23
At Liberty Lands Park
913 N 3rd Street, Philadelphia PA 19123FREE ADMISSION
BYO seating (lawn chairs or picnic blankets)
For the past year, Philadelphia dancer and choreographer Lindsay Browning (Drexel Faculty Member) and myself (member of Philadelphia's The Bearded Ladies Cabaret) have been researching some of the great mysteries that make up our cosmic neighborhood to create a dance piece investigating our relationship to outer space.  We've looked at the physical laws that transformed our planet from star dust into the floating rock we call Earth.  We've studied the big bang, wrapped our minds around dark matter, steeped our thoughts in relativity, and probed our own cosmic lonliness.
For this particular piece, we've narrowed our search to a one very specific query that you don't want to miss!
Wanderlust is an hour long dance theater piece, performed outdoors at the beautiful Liberty Lands Park in Northern Liberties.  Watch two artists fail big in their quest to understand, "Why are we here?"  Created by Philadelphia artists Lindsay Browning and Kate Raines in collaboration with projection artist Michael Long, the show is a family-friendly, free outdoor performance (with donations graciously accepted).  Audiences are asked to bring their own picnic blankets or lawn chairs for seating; and sit back and relax while we journey on a tour through our interstellar neighborhood!​
Check out our trailer here:https://vimeo.com/186349784

Run time is 1 hour with no intermission, and no ticket purchase is necessary.  Seating is available on a first come first serve basis.  Bring your own lawn chairs or picnic blankets for seating.  Note:  Stay informed of any cancellations dues to rain on our facebook page:
https://m.facebook.com/ profile.php?id= 1094504247253010&tsid=0. 36261960232405355&source= typeahead
Wanderlust*8pmOctober 14, 15, 16 and 21, 22, 23At Liberty Lands Park913 N 3rd Street, Philadelphia PA 19123BYO seating (lawn chairs or picnic blankets)
This project is funded in part by The Bearded Ladies' Follicle Project*Individual evenings of this performance are subject to cancellation due to rain

We hope to see you there!

Lindsay Browning http://www.lbrowningphotography.com