[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] Improvise Outdoors at The Woodlands - two more classes left!!

Jenny Sawyer jroesawyer at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 12:12:37 EDT 2016

The Fringe is over - but there are still two outdoor improvisation classes
left
at the Woodlands!!

Come out and dance TODAY Monday Sept. 26th 5:30-7pm and next Monday Oct.
3rd from 5:30-7pm. We couldn't ask for more beautiful weather!

*Sensing The Living: *

Enliven Your Body & Your

Physical Connection to the Earth

*MONDAYS *
*from 5:30-7pm *

*@ The Woodlands (located at 40th & Baltimore in West Philly)*

*Two Classes Left: Sept 26th, Oct 3*
*rd*

*$12-$15 (Members $10) *

*Sensing The Living* is a weekly class that offers you a place to ground
your energy in the earth, reconnect with your body, activate your natural
energy and rejuvenate your spirit by using movement and mindfulness
practices to deepen your connection to your body and the natural world.

*If you are looking for...*

·       *more fluidity and joy in your body*

·       *a deep physical connection to nature *

·       *a heightened ability to connect to the present moment *

·       *and a profound sense of belonging to the natural world*

 *then this class is for you!*

Led by Jenny Sawyer, Artistic Director of From The Earth Dance Project,
each class will invite you to gently and playfully explore your
relationship to the earth through movement, using open-ended movement
prompts and simple awareness exercises. You will be invited to connect
intimately with nature and the beautiful landscape of the Woodlands by
listening deeply to the sounds and movements of the land and inviting them
into your own physical & sensory awareness. Using touch, sight & sound, you
will be invited to let the natural elements of the landscape affect your
body, to move in response to them, and in doing so, create your own
spontaneous dances with the earth!

Each week we will meet in front of the mansion and then walk together to
the area where we will hold class. We will explore a different, somewhat
secluded, piece of the property each week and we will cultivate a
relationship with each other and each place over the course of our
practice.

Please bring a full bottle of water with you and come in your movement
clothes (as there is no changing room available). There is a single
bathroom available in the basement of the mansion.

--
Jenny Roe Sawyer
*From The Earth Dance Project*
jroesawyer at gmail.com