[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] Dance makers and Improvisers Opportunity

Zornitsa at BodyMeld zornitsa at bodymeld.org
Mon Jan 11 10:57:31 EST 2021

Dear Philly dance community,

I am teaching this week Improvisation and Composition this week. Its neither here, not there, but virtually together.

My goal for everyone in the workshop is to BE SEEN.   To perform, improvise and compose for each other.  To use digital virtual technology in inspiring ways.

Join me, if you are able.   No one is turned back for lack of funds. Just email me and we’ll figure something out.

Here is the official info with a bunch of superlative language 😉

Acclaimed choreographer and improviser Zornitsa Stoyanova (USA/BUL) teaches a 7 class series of techniques in movement generation.
A Philly local, moved back home to Bulgaria during the pandemic, Zornitsa will be teaching all classes through Zoom from Sofia, Bulgaria.

Composing While Dancing series is for improvisers and anyone interested in expanding their skills on different techniques in composition and improvisation. This 7 class Zoom series presents improvisation through a lens of digital theatricality, always conscious of “the presence” of the dancer. Focusing on modalities outside of the more conventional compositional improvisation class, Zornitsa hopes to open more possibilities for instant composition helping you understand the digital space, as well as delve deeper into your own interests and practice.

Class Schedule and areas of focus:
Jan. 13th – understanding the digital frame better and how to use tricks to compose in that space
Jan. 15th – movement timing and phrasing through quality shifts, speed, and distance
Jan. 20th – working with gesture and posture in creating potential for meaning
Feb. 10th – morphing our bodies into recognizability
Feb. 12th – using our face and body to evoke emotional states, using emotionality in improvisation
Feb. 17th – different ways in using language in improvisation
Feb. 19th – switching states, qualities, emotions

MORE INFO AND TO RESERVE a SPOT here:
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/composing-while-dancing-dance-improvisation-and-choreography-techniques-tickets-134576884083

Or just email me back😊,

Missing you,

Zornitsa

Director of BodyMeld – experimental contemporary dance platform
 <http://www.bodymeld.org/> www.bodymeld.org

Follow us for events, workshops and conversations around new choreographies.

 <https://www.instagram.com/bodymeld/> IG @bodymeld     |     <https://www.facebook.com/BodyMeld> FB @bodymeld

* * *

Coming up:
 <https://www.eventbrite.com/e/composing-while-dancing-dance-improvisation-and-choreography-techniques-tickets-134576884083?utm-medium=discovery&utm-campaign=social&utm-content=attendeeshare&aff=escb&utm-source=cp&utm-term=listing> Composing While Dancing – online workshops
Jan. 13, 15, 20
Feb. 10, 12, 17, 19