[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] Engaging Sensation - contemporary dance practice with Shannon Murphy

shannon murphy murphy.moves at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 20:46:56 EST 2020

Shannon Murphy is teaching three drop-in classes through Freeskewl in
January 2021!

*CLASS: Engaging Sensation*
Wednesday 1/6, 1/13, 1/20 12:30-2:00 pm EST
Freeskewl http://www.freeskewl.com <http://www.freskewl.com/>

*Engaging Sensation* weaves imagery, touch, improvisation and phrase work
together. I incorporate my study of Franklin Method into class prioritizing
how the movement feels alongside functional investigation. We can invite in
pleasure, softness, rigor, and sweat as we move. Exploring weight and
weightlessness, arrival and escape, balance and precariousness not as
binaries but rather feeling for how they exist simultaneously as we dance.
This practice affords us time to get lost magic of sensation.

BIO:
Shannon Murphy is a dance artist/educator living in Philadelphia, PA. She
received her MFA in Dance from University of the Arts (2019). Her work was
recently shown at the Penn Museum of Archeology and Anthropology, and
Archedream For Humankind. Shannon is one of the first US/English speaking
Franklin Method faculty members, specializing in Franklin Method for
dancers. As an adjunct Assistant Professor, she teaches many places
including University of the Arts where she is the Curricular Head of Body
Pathways, developing programming to reduce injury and support the healing
and recovery of injured dancers. www.shannonmurphydance.com

PAYMENT:
Class is $1-35+ (no one turned away for lack of funds). If you would like
to sponsor a person to take class, simply double your payment!
Venmo: @Shannon-MURPHY-136
PayPal: PayPal.Me/ShannonAudrey/Murphy

ZOOM:
Zoom Link: zoom.us/j/3093774924
<http://zoom.us/j/3093774924?fbclid=IwAR3aKwW7SWS0Z9kkj-4v4xAGzYQMXBDbCxOKcrahtv4G_08FAFzzzMelNdY>
Zoom password: 640262

Accessibility: Closed captioning will be available through Rev Live
Captioning

--
Shannon Murphy
pronouns: She/her