[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] SHARP Dance Company cancelling our June audition.

Diane Sharp corpdancer at yahoo.com
Thu May 14 14:40:31 EDT 2020

It is with a heavy heart that SHARP Dance Company has decided to cancel our June audition. We are currently in a hiring freeze.

Our company has had to cancel our spring home season performance, our European summer performances and there is still a lot of uncertainty around what bookings will be available in the fall and winter as cancellations continue as result of the coronavirus. This makes it difficult for us to move forward with hiring new dancers, as we want our dancers to be performing as much as possible. The company is also following social distancing and other city guidelines that would not make it possible to have a large number of dancers in one space for the audition.

We will continue to monitor and evaluate the ongoing situation and could possibly consider lifting the hiring freeze this fall. Please follow us on Facebook and Instagram for updates for future announcements on a new audition date.

SHARP Dance Company does have free open class on Wednesday’s 12 p.m. – 1 p.m. ET via Zoom.  The company member teaching and the types of class can be found on our website at www.sharpdance.org.  If you would like to join class please reach out to us at diane at sharpdance.org for the Zoom log in information. Please stay safe in this sad time and if you have a moment please reach out to our city leaders as they are planning on cancelling a lot of future funding for the arts!
All the best,Diane Sharp-NachsinArtistic Director SHARP Dance Companywww.sharpdance.org