[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] Waived Fringe Festival Registration Fees

Raina Searles raina at fringearts.com
Wed Apr 8 14:54:16 EDT 2020

We at FringeArts hope everyone is staying safe and healthy during this
time. We know independent artists are among some of those most impacted by
the COVID-19 epidemic, and as a result, *we have made the decision to waive
registration fees for the 2020 Fringe Festival,* save for a $20 processing
fee that goes directly to our new registration platform, Eventotron. This
$20 is refundable, should you have to cancel your show prior to June 1.

While we are all isolated in our homes, we encourage artists to join with
us in looking to the future with creativity and optimism. We hope that
September will be a time for celebrating our resilient community and coming
together to make bold artistic statements developed in a time of great
uncertainty. Many artists have already begun to make incredible use of
technology to mount work online, and we encourage you to explore Digital
Fringe <https://fringearts.com/2020/03/20/the-art-goes-on/> as a way to
create work that can reach audiences regardless of location.

* Please note that the Independent Artist Timeline will stay on track:*

   - Through Monday, June 1 – Artist Registration Open on Eventotron.com
   - Monday, June 8 – Step 1: Artist/Company Profile Due
   - Monday June, 15 – Step 2: Fringe Festival Guide Listing Due
   - Monday, July 13 – Step 3: Marketing, Web, PR Due
   - Monday, August 3 – Step 4: W-9 & Insurance Due
   - Monday, October 12 – Step 5: Reconciliation, Box Office & Survey Due

We understand that the registration fee is a small part of the picture when
it comes to self-producing, and we offer our support to artists in any way
we can to help find ways to make your productions happen. FringeArts is
100% committed to helping artists problem solve and plan for performances,
and we want to hear from you about what support you need most.  We hope
artists and organizations who have had to cancel performances due to the
pandemic can utilize the Fringe Festival platform to remount their
productions and recoup any losses.

Contact April at FringeArts.com to set up Zoom meetings for help with your
Fringe Festival planning, and visit FringeArts.com/artists for additional
information and resources.

--
*FringeArts*
*140 N Columbus Blvd, Philadelphia PA 19106

ᐧ