[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] Restorative Contact for Quarantine Buddies & Solo Practice!

Gabrielle Revlock garevlock at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 16:16:04 EDT 2020

*Restorative Contact for Quarantine Buddies*
Wednesdays, 7pm & Saturdays, 4pm EST
RESISTER <https://forms.gle/Xjv69dHeAuDW1PCGA> - Sliding Scale $
Facebook event <https://www.facebook.com/events/213520809864968/>

Restorative Contact begins with the understanding that touch is an
important part of human development and wellbeing. It helps us to be
present in the moment, in our bodies, and with the important people in our
lives. In class we will work with our partner, guided through a mostly
floor-based sequence of touch and weight-sharing, using various surfaces of
the body. These passive contact poses are designed to regenerate, replenish
and reset the body and mind. We work slowly and mindfully with care and
respect for our body as well as our partner's. Deep relaxation has been
shown to help with anxiety, insomnia, digestion, fertility and high blood
pressure. The effects of touch are far-reaching, including emotional,
physical, and cognitive wellbeing and improvement.

Notes:
- Make sure you have enough space for two people to lay down (approximately
7'x7'.)
- As this practice is primarily about connecting with another person in
real space you have the option to keep your video ON or OFF.

-------------------------------

*Restorative Contact -  Solo Practice*
Fridays, 5pm EST
RESISTER <https://forms.gle/brz2ePcmTqUqeg3Z9> - Sliding Scale $
Facebook event <https://www.facebook.com/events/1123973314608177/>

Restorative Contact begins with the understanding that touch is an
important part of human development and wellbeing. But what do we do when
there's no one around? Join me for a mindful touch-based solo movement
practice to sooth us during a challenging and isolating time. Beginner
friendly.

Why do this?
- You know touch is important and you want to explore tools to support
yourself in times of isolation.
- You are curious about mindful movement.
- You want to do something relaxing and grounding.

*Learn more at: RestorativeContact.com <http://restorativecontact.com/>*

www.GabrielleRevlock.com <http://www.gabriellerevlock.com/>  | Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/GRevlock> | Instagram
<https://www.instagram.com/gabriellerevlock/> | RestorativeContact.com