[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] This Saturday Workshop with Hana van der Kolk

Christina Gesualdi gesualdic at gmail.com
Wed Jan 8 15:27:54 EST 2020

*The workshop is more than half full with folks who pre-registered, so
either pre-register OR come early with cash!  *

*Saturday, January 11th 12-3PM*

*Every Anus is a Portal/Harmless Dancingwith Hana van der Kolk (Troy, NY)*
*Words from Hana about the workshop:*
I've been moving with a curiosity about energetic sphincters and actual
sphincters in the body, with a vested interest in the anus as a very real,
fleshy site of de-shaming and care-full mediation between inner and outer.
So, we'll move through breathing, awareness and movement practice centered
around this sphincter work, which seems to lend itself to at once subtle,
vulnerable, bold, and deeply pleasure-filled moving. A sweaty workout time
will tread between aerobics absurdity, gender fuckery, bodily conundrums,
communal folk dance, and mindful movement. Some group inquiry/practice will
place intimacy with self, other, and surroundings and an embodied culture
of harmlessness and care at the center of a shared value system for
working. Text, coming from radical, contemplative feminisms and
spirituality studies will dance with our dancing (i.e. we'll read a bit
together). We'll also speak with one another and perhaps write a bit. This
workshop is open to all bodies and levels of experience with
movement/dance/performance/contemplative practice.

*Sliding Scale $15-$50*
Mascher Artists in Residence can take for FREE. (Interested in becoming an
artist in residence at Mascher? More info here
<https://www.mascherdance.org/membership>.)
*Reserve and pay here: *https://hanavanderkolkinphilly.bpt.me/
You can also pay cash at the door, but the workshop may fill, so paying
ahead is encouraged to save your spot!
Facebook event is here: https://www.facebook.com/events/579365669275157/

*About the space:*
At the new Mascher Space Cooperative (we moved as of Dec. 1st 2019!!!!)
2519 Germantown Ave., Unit #215
Phila, Pa. 19133

 *new space is right off the 23 Bus and is about a 10 minute walk from the
North Philadelphia stop on the BSL subway.  There is a parking lot next to
the space accessible by the small street behind it Cadwallader St.

 *new space is up one flight of steps, and there is currently not an
elevator in the building. For other accessibility questions or concerns,
call (215) 901-5226

*Mascher Space Cooperative <https://www.mascherdance.org/>* is a home for
new dance in Philadelphia. Artist imagined, artist founded, artist shared
and run, Mascher is a nonprofit that provides affordable and versatile
space. We are a community of support that cultivates deep problem solving
and artistic inquiry in continuing our practices. Bound not by aesthetics,
but a common commitment to working cooperatively and sharing tasks and
resources, Mascher nurtures the development of all its members at various
stages in their careers, lines of research, and explorations.