[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] Contact Class Starts up Jan 5th with Special Guest

Curt Haworth curthaworth at gmail.com
Thu Jan 2 18:02:35 EST 2020

Contact Improv Class this Sunday January 5th will be taught by Lilianna Kane
Location: Headlong Studios, 1170 S. Broad St. (near Broad/Federal SEPTA
stop)
1 to 3 PM, every Sunday, $10 drop-in
Please arrive in time to dress and be ready to go at 1pm

Class Description:
Through fundamental practices of Contact Improvisation and somatic work, we
will investigate embodied listening, weight-sharing, and spontaneous
collaboration.  We will find comfort in being off-balance, and joy in the
“unknown.” We will explore how dynamic, group improvisation can model
healthy ways of relating to ourselves and each other in the world at large.

Bio:
Lilianna Kane is a dance performer, choreographer, and space holder.  She
works through improvisational forms, both physical and philosophical. Her
artistic mission: to invigorate humans to love themselves, collaborate and
cooperate with one another, and engage in dynamic experience.  She has
shared her practice and her creative work internationally, and is the
founder of the Brooklyn Contact Improvisation Jam in New York City.

--

Curt Haworth

he/him or they/them

Choreographer-Improviser-Teacher