[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] Group Motion Spiel Uhr Dance Performance 2019

Group Motion Dance Company company at groupmotion.org
Thu Dec 5 10:43:01 EST 2019

Please join us for:

Group Motion’s Spiel Uhr 2019

Featuring work by...

Group Motion Monday Night Improv Lab directed by Manfred Fischbeck with
assistance from Brigitta Herrmann
Stone Depot/Ellie Goudie- Averill and Beau Hancock
Lyons and Tigers <https://www.facebook.com/lyonsandtigers/> (Darcy Lyons
<https://www.facebook.com/darcy.lyons.9>) and stb x at
<https://www.facebook.com/stbxat/>

Sunday, December 15, 2019 at 7 PM
CEC Meeting House Theatre
3500 Lancaster Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19104

General Admission $20
Senior, Student, DancePASS $15
Tickets: groupmotion.org
<https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fgroupmotion.org%2F%3Ffbclid%3DIwAR2_kZ91yyZvxwD_s3CDa1QDlqFz51uSWKAQgmqMkSwuH0tGxBphcUBzaWU&h=AT3TEa4GY4RZi2TvHtUZfRWhImXbAjK67d0XV_vUGJXM8ltUIIrbqbnkjyAYousVQ_XoCXNnfYaNJ2eztFXjFPYP1r5Wba4AHA7IIFEl5U4HRtJsL1SmOgYyCEGzaOhviA>

About the pieces:

Strings and Dreams by the Group Motion Monday Night Improv Lab directed by
Brigitta Herrmann
Live music by Tim Motzer <https://www.facebook.com/timmotzer>
Performers: Katie Bank, Nicole Francesca, Harry Friedman, Jenny Fung, Renee
Kurz <https://www.facebook.com/renee.kurz>, Sina Tafazoli, and Jennifer
Walker
Group Motion's Improv Lab invites exploring structures and concepts of
dance and musical improvisation. With all the pressures and distractions
today that drive us further apart, when and how do we connect? In dreams?
In past lives? Through story? Meditate on connection through this informal
showing of improvised dance and spoken words.

The Blue Road by Stone/Debot/Ellie Goudie-Averill and
Beau Hancock
Our research for this piece began two years ago with initial investigations
into a specific movement score called Blue Highways. The name for the score
takes its name, and its cue, from a book written by William Least Heat
Moon, in which he catalogues his adventures through the least traveled
byways in rural America. In this travelogue, Least Heat Moon navigates back
roads in his converted camper van, charting a course less traveled. His
title alludes to the fact that on old atlases of America the central
highways were demarcated in red and the smaller, less convenient highways
colored blue. This purposeful navigation by Least Heat Moon through the
less obvious but potentially more rewarding pathways mirrors our own desire
for this dance. He gained a new appreciation for the plurality of his
cultural experience, and we are gaining a new appreciation for the
undiscovered potential in our own physicality.

Heaviness/Lightness by Lyons and Tigers (Darcy Lyons)
and stb x at
Heaviness/Lightness is a piece directed by Darcy Lyons and co-created and
performed live by the dance and percussion duo STB x AT (Sean Thomas-Boyt
and Andy Thierauf). In this experimental work, the performers interact and
explore the varying definitions and connotations of lightness and heaviness
through movement, live sound, and the interaction with Newton’s Cradle desk
toys.

--
*Group Motion Multi Media Dance Theater- Company*
3500 Lancaster Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19104
company at groupmotion.org
www.groupmotion.org

*Manfred Fischbeck*- Co-Founder/Director
*Brigitta Herrmann*- Co-Founder/Director
*Rachel Dukeman*- Marketing/Development Consultant
*Kristin Narcowich*- Office Manager