[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] Franklin Method's Art of the Plie November 9th at Drexel Pilates

Drexel Pilates pilates at drexel.edu
Sat Nov 2 11:24:45 EDT 2019

Saturday, November 9th 1-4pm
With DP Senior Instructor and Franklin Method for Dancers certified Megan Quinn

The Art of the Plie, in the Pilates world, is really The Art of Footwork! The heart of this Franklin Method workshop is discovery of boney rhythms in the pelvis – SI Joints, Pelvic Femoral Joints, and the surprising three dimensional rhythms of the pelvic girdle, down through the leg. Megan is particularly fascinated by how embodiment of movement in the SI joints opens up a whole new world of possibility in the Pilates form.  Franklin Method has a unique ability to create sensation and empowered skill building. Join us to deepen and expand your experience in your footwork, seated positions, and a relationship of the spine to the legs through the structure of the pelvis.

We will move through the Franklin Method’s trademarked Art of the Plie Workshop. Our last hour together will be workshop time applying our discoveries to our Pilates practice.

Registration fee: $100

Email pilates at drexel.edu to register

Management Team Associate

Drexel Pilates Studio