[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] Performances this Sunday, Clark Park FREE

Katherine Stark thenakedstark at gmail.com
Fri Nov 1 10:28:59 EDT 2019

Dear Dance Community,

Please bundle up and come join The Naked Stark outside in Clark Park
November 3rd & 10th, 1pm and 4pm.

We are performing our new work Actor & The Leading Lady: Falling Up.  The
work examines how we embody, perceive, and perform power dynamics in real
and theatrical relationships.

*Find the performers in RED in Clark Park near 45th and Chester.*
*November 3rd & 10th, 1pm and 4pm*

Reserve your FREE ticket HERE <https://fallingup.bpt.me/> and we'll know to
keep an eye out for you.

We also want time to talk, eat cake, and dance barefoot.

Find us again INSIDE at West Philly Ballroom and Latin Dance on November 10
at 5pm for the Epilogue!

All the details laid out below.

Hope you can make it!

warmly,

Katherine

The Naked Stark presents Actor & The Leading Lady: Falling Up

PART I: OUTSIDE, FREE - Actor & The Leading Lady

Sundays November 3 & 10*, 1pm and 4pm

*Live music!

Clark Park

Reserve your FREE ticket HERE <https://fallingup.bpt.me> for instructions
to join us for this immersive performance work.

PART II: INSIDE, FREE - Epilogue: Falling Up

Sunday November 10, 5-7pm

West Philly Ballroom and Latin Dance**

4520 Baltimore Ave Philadelphia, PA 19143

Short performance, drinks, cake, & conversation!

**Thank you West Philly Ballroom and Latin Dance
<http://www.westphillyballroomandlatindance.com/>!  This awesome new studio
is generously working with us to make this part of the project happen.

TELL ME MORE:

Actor & The Leading Lady is a dance piece for public space examining how we
embody, perceive, and perform power dynamics in real and theatrical
relationships.  The audience made up of intentional participants (like
YOU!) and passersby will join the performers in red on a journey that will
bring us all to the same location.  The work will continue to unfold as the
performers bring out four tiny plywood stages (two 2x6 and two 2x4).

Dancers Chloe Marie Newton, Harlee Trautman, Katherine Kiefer Stark, Marisa
Illingworth and Sean Thomas Boyt slide, spiral, jump, and fall along the
narrow stages set to original compositions by Ajibola Rivers performed live
on November 10.

You are also invited to join us inside for Epilogue: Falling Up, November
10 5-7pm

Epilogue: Falling Up, is a celebration embracing the effort, imagination,
and collaboration around what it means: to move forward; to take a new
place in an old story; to step out of cycles. This concluding free event
will include a short interactive performance accompanied by Ajibola Rivers,
Angel Brice and Konnie Stark, as well as opportunities to support the work
through purchasing drinks and cake, and space to move and talk about the
work and the themes it addresses.

EVEN MORE:

www.thenakedstark.com

--