[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] Clothing Swap and Movement Jam Hosted by Perphorm

The Whole Shebang art.at.shebang at gmail.com
Sat Oct 19 08:04:32 EDT 2019

Shebang and Perphor|m are partnering to host a clothing swap - workshop -
jam** mash up. Come bring yourself, your curiosity, a willingness to play
with clothes, a bag for what you will take, and any clothing you no longer
want. Swap it up and anything left, Shebang will donate to Philly AIDS
Thrift.

The event will include an overlapping optional workshop and jam,
facilitated by Perphor|m and featuring Maybe More than Material, a workshop
led by movement artist Brandon Graf. This workshop will involve reusing and
reimagining clothing as materials for endless expressions. Creating worlds,
characters, and new anatomies to unravel one’s fabric of reality and
reality of fabric. Together we will create a space that doesn’t believe in
a “one size fits all.”

Determine how you participate in the workshop/jam/swap and let Brandon's
prompting provide a new and playful lens on how to view the clothing and
pick and choose what you swap. This workshop and jam are accessible to all
folx and all levels of experience with movement and playing with material.
Let's get playful and creatively critical as we swap it up.

Schedule
5-6pm - Maybe More than Material (workshop led by Brandon Graf) + Swap
6-7pm - Clothing Swap with those good vibes laid in the space from the
workshop
7-8pm - Movement Jam + Swap

**Movement jams are places to explore personal and relational movement. It
can look infinite ways! Feel free to play, sing, dance, fall, scream and
shout. We will give consent guidelines before we begin.
Come for one part or all three!

Accessibility Note: * Space is not Wheel Chair Accessible*

More info @thewholeshebangphilly.com

text or call: 267 422 2719