[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] The Switching with Jumatatu Poe -- Tomorrow is last day to get the early bird rate

The Whole Shebang art.at.shebang at gmail.com
Wed Oct 16 08:30:00 EDT 2019

The Switching

A Workshop Series With Jumatatu Poe

November 17 - 4pm-7pm, And November 18-20 - 6pm-9pm
Full Workshop Early Bird $75-100 (Until Oct 17) // Full Workshop After Oct
17 $100-125 // Drop In $20-35 (Drop Ins Only Allowed Sun + Mon)

I like to imagine that this practice in performance improvisation, The
Switching, is a strategy in immediate evolution, rapid-fire shifting,
sublime learning of and in the moment. I began this practice while dealing
with my curiosities around a question I obsessed over: “Can I change
myself?”

Our practice will deal with strategic essentialization – through the
immediate re-design of ourselves into other creatures, or other ways of
being our innate creatures – and working with immediately identifying the
restrictions/limitations that are inescapable. It’s round about, and
ideally will come full circle.

More info
@thewholeshebangphilly.com

text or call: 267 422 2719