[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] Take It Away Dance - Fall Auditions - October 22

Pamela Hetherington pamelamh4 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 15 10:20:53 EDT 2019

Take It Away Dance advances the scope of American tap dance and jazz music
traditions through current choreography, modern compositions, progressive
performances and accessible environments and contexts for the work.
Utilizing the synergistic forms of tap dance and jazz music, the company
reflects a shared American history and our collective, visionary future.

We are one of the few tap dance companies in the world that works
exclusively with live jazz accompaniment. Our work sparks the conversation
around the musical possibilities of tap dance and the positioning of tap
dancers as jazz musicians. Take It Away Dance has been presented by Jazz
Bridge, The Philadelphia Jazz Project, Creative Philadelphia, Dixon Place,
The Barnes Foundation, the Outlet Dance Project, the Allentown Art Museum,
and Symphony Space (Stam-Pede/APAP).

We are looking for 1-2 tap dancers to join our sixth season from
January-September 2020. Paid performances. For more info about our work and
accomplishments, check out www.takeitawaydance.com.

Fall auditions will be held Tuesday, October 22 from 6:30-8 pm, Sound Space
Performing Arts, 2511 West Girard Avenue, 2nd Floor, Phila. PA 19130. This
audition will be held during a weekly open int/adv tap class. Those who
wish to audition will have the class fee waived. Just RSVP with your
interest to takeitawaydance at gmail.com.

--
Pamela Hetherington
Artistic Director, Take It Away Dance