[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] A new research project with Asimina Chremos and Paule Turner at Shebang

The Whole Shebang art.at.shebang at gmail.com
Wed Aug 14 15:34:40 EDT 2019

Apokálypsis at Shebang starting October 2019 -
A new research project with Asimina Chremos and Paule Turner, focused on
your practice + shared, co-created research

Aποκάλυψις (tr. Apokálypsis) is an ancient Greek word meaning to uncover or
reveal. This project will invite artists and audiences to tune our
attention to dimensions of everyday city life that are themselves
performative as well as surreal, dreamlike, hard to define, and
serendipitous. Using the tools of art, we can perceive deeply into the
images, textures, rhythms, sounds, and sensations of everyday life in
Philadelphia and discover deeper layers of our world and ourselves.

The project will nurture the creative research of a group of core artists
with discussions and work sessions exploring the intersection of somatics
with psychogeography. Philadelphia-based core artists are sought who are
seeking to support a way of creating art, and also seeing the world, that
is as direct and sensitive as possible, open to the unknown.

The project will run from October 2019-May 2020.
For a detailed schedule and to apply, head to
thewholeshebangphilly.com/apply
Application closes August 25th, with acceptance notification by September
8th.
Questions? email art.at.shebang at gmail.com

text or call: 267 422 2719