[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] Help with A Series of Informal Events

Katherine Stark thenakedstark at gmail.com
Mon Apr 1 09:39:03 EDT 2019

Dear Dance Community,

Often we find ourselves alone in our art making, struggling to self produce
and taking on the many non-artist tasks needed to show our work.
A Series of Informal Events is by artists for artists.  Shannon and I are
taking on the production tasks and Vox Populi is hosting us.

The next event in A Series of Informal Events is coming up on April 11,
featuring new work by Meg Foley, Olive Prince Dance, Kate Seethaler and
Megan Fredrick.

*We could use one more person to help with set-up.  The critical time is
5-6:10, when I am cleaning the space and putting up the lights.  *

I will bring you yummy food for dinner!

Please email me at thenakedstark at gmail.com, if you are interested or have
any questions.

warmly,
Katherine

A Series of Informal Events, Spring 2019

Thursdays February 28, April 11, & June 13, 7:30pm hosted by Vox Populi

April 11 features work by:

Meg Foley

Olive Prince

Kate Seethaler and Megan Fredrick

See work, join in discussion with the artists, and eat chocolate

FREE, suggested donation $5-$10

Vox Populi, 319 N 11th St, Philadelphia, PA

A Series of Informal Events is a collaboration between the Naked Stark,
Shannon Murphy, and Vox Populi.

Shannon Murphy and Katherine Kiefer Stark, Artistic Director the Naked
Stark, share a perspective: part of nourishing ourselves our movement-art
practices includes supporting other artists and working together,
connecting with others generating ideas around movement-art.  We are
excited to be collaborating on this Spring 2019 Series and greatly
appreciate Vox Populi hosting the events.

The curation for the series is fueled by Shannon’s interest in gathering
feminist-minded dance and performance makers together. Affording time for
artists and witnesses to interact, we will look at intersections of ideas
and experiences shared in common. And of course, Katherine will bake
something chocolate!

--
Katherine Kiefer Stark, MFA
Artistic Director, The Naked Stark