[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] Thursday contact jam this week: 8th birthday celebration!

Loren Groenendaal lorengroenendaal at gmail.com
Wed Mar 27 20:09:52 EDT 2019

Come join the FUN this week as the Thursday Contact Improv jam celebrates
its 8th birthday!  Bring your dancing body, and tea and treats for sharing!!

Contact Improvisation Jam, Thursdays 7-9 PM
(Thursday, March 28, 2019 is the 8th birthday!)
Headlong Studios (rear studio), 1170 S. Broad St. (near Broad/Federal SEPTA
stop)
Facilitated by Loren Groenendaal and Benjamin Pierce
Donation: $5-10

Doors open at 6:50.  Please arrive, change, and be ready to go shortly
after 7:00, when we gather for an opening circle and guided warmup into
open dancing. Our warm-up this week will be birthday party game inspired,
but will still leave plenty of time for open dancing!

"Contact Improv is a movement form where dancers move to follow the play of
touch. Gravity and the floor are constant partners. Human touch unites the
forces that act upon the body with the sensations they produce within the
body." -Steve Paxton

A jam is a creative space for open improvisation, governed by mutual
respect and awareness.  A jam is an opportunity to play, to research, to
experiment, to express, to connect with others.  Dancing alone, in duets,
or in groups, we stretch our capacity to listen and lead as we follow the
dance.