[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] Open Contemporary Class with Ellie Goudie-Averill on Friday Morning!

Eleanor Goudie-Averill goudieaverill at gmail.com
Wed Mar 27 08:42:53 EDT 2019

Open Contemporary Class with Ellie Goudie-Averill
Friday, March 29th from 10-11:30 am
The Iron Factory (118 Fontain St, 19122)
$10-15 sliding scale
(cash, check, or Venmo accepted)

In conjunction with her Stone Depot performance, shared with Beau Hancock
and Pamela Vail, at <fidget> <https://www.facebook.com/fidgetspace/> on the
same day (March 29th at 7 pm), Ellie Goudie-Averill will offer an Open
Level Contemporary class at The Iron Factory from 10-11:30 am. Class is
$5-15 sliding scale and cash, check, and Venmo are accepted.

About class: Active practice infuses our bodies with further understanding
of relationships to self, other, space, and anatomical structure. In this
Contemporary class, we will explore all of these elements in an accessible
and delightful way as we move from floorwork to phrasework. We will create
energy through through momentum and drive through space and use this push
of energy to push our boundaries and openly, honestly and without fear.

About Ellie Goudie-Averill: Ellie is a dance artist and educator currently
based in New York City. Since graduating with her MFA in Dance Performance
from the University of Iowa, she has served as a professor at Temple
University, Bucknell University, Franklin & Marshall College, the
University of Kansas, and also as Associate Director of Dance at the
Lawrence Arts Center. Ellie has danced professionally for a variety of
choreographers, including Susan Rethorst, Lucinda Childs, and Bronwen
MacArthur, and performed with Group Motion Multimedia Dance Theater for
five seasons. Her choreography has been shown at Movement Research at
Judson Church, the Kimmel Center's International Festival for the Arts, and
RAW Material. She is a regular collaborator and dancer with Tori Lawrence +
Co. in dance films and site-specific works, and currently teaches as a
guest artist in ballet and modern at Connecticut College.

--

Eleanor Goudie-Averill

Dance Artist & Educator

Guest Artist at Connecticut College

www.stonedepot.org

Recent writings for thINKingDANCE:

Review of Reggie's Wilson/Fist & Heel Performance Group at American
Realness
<http://thinkingdance.net/articles/2019/01/23//Shaking-and-Shouting-at-St.-Marks/>

*Group Motion in Practice* Book Review
<http://thinkingdance.net/articles/2018/12/04/31/Ritual-Structures-The-Work-of-Group-Motion/>