[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] Stina Nyberg and Andros Zins-Browne—Camaraderie, conflict, collectivity and other conundrums

The Whole Shebang art.at.shebang at gmail.com
Sat Mar 2 10:48:25 EST 2019

March 23 and 24 | 11am-2pm @ The Whole Shebang

full workshop - $60

*Workshop Description*

Every time I collaborate, I wonder how to do it. And every time, it's
different. Who pays for this, and who arranges for us to get paid? How do
we decide on these things, and what do we do when we don't already agree?
What are the procedures of decision making? What is fun about this? What
are you wearing? What are your food allergies? Why collaborate at all?…

This workshop will explore artistic collaboration as both a practice and a
politics. For this specific situation this entails investigating collective
movement as well as mapping our various experiences of working together. In
order to get a practical grip on the do’s and don'ts of collaborative
practices, we will map the participants' current desires. What are the
ethics of working together, how can we avoid agreeing for the sake of
agreeing, or meeting at the lowest common denominator between us, and in
the end, what constitutes a good artistic collaboration?

More info @ thewholeshebangphilly.com

text or call: 267 422 2719