[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] LAST CHANCE: Dance and Somatics workshop with Luc Vanier and Elizabeth Johnson

Kristen Chun kristenchun33 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 1 20:33:18 EST 2019

Dear Dance and Somatics Community,

One week away and only a couple of spots left for this amazing opportunity to work with master teachers Luc Vanier (co-author of Dance and the Alexander Technique/Director of the School of Dance at the University of Utah) and Elizabeth Johnson (Alexander Technique teacher/Laban Movement Analyst/Assistant Professor at the University of Florida School of Theater and Dance).

You can find Bios/More Information/Register, on our web page: https://alextechgreaterphila.com/workshops-with-luc-vanier-and-elizabeth-johnson/ <https://alextechgreaterphila.com/workshops-with-luc-vanier-and-elizabeth-johnson/>

More info below or email kristenchun33 at gmail.com <mailto:kristenchun33 at gmail.com>

Look forward to connecting,
x, kc

****

Somatics and Dance Workshop weekend, March 9 <x-apple-data-detectors://1> & 10, 2019…

Alexander Technique Teachers of Greater Philadelphia (ATTGP), in partnership with the Temple University Department of Dance, are excited to sponsor these workshops with:

Luc Vanier (Alexander Technique teacher/co-author of Dance and the Alexander Technique/Director of the School of Dance at the University of Utah)
& Elizabeth Johnson (Alexander Technique teacher/Laban Movement Analyst/ Assistant professor at the University of Florida School of Theater and Dance).

Alexander Technique, Developmental Movement and Dance: Making Choices
In these workshops, Alexander Technique teachers Luc Vanier and Elizabeth Johnson will lead the participants in experiencing the double spiral musculature that facilitates interplay between connectivity and lengthening in the whole bodily structure. We will ask ourselves to what extent our conceptions of our musculoskeletal system impact resilient thinking in activity by exploring certain principles of the Alexander Technique such as inhibition, faulty sensory awareness, whole-self, and primary control. We will also investigate Raymond Dart’s idea of reset and how it is strongly linked to our capacity to respond creatively to challenges to our connectivity that arise in our professional and daily lives.They will use their Framework to help answer questions one might have about teaching certain types of students. These workshops for dancers/dance teachers will further link everything back to their dancing body and explore how this approach helps the mover make new decisions in relationship to their daily movement practices.

Saturday, March 9th <x-apple-data-detectors://5>: 10 am – 12 pm <x-apple-data-detectors://6>
Sunday, March 10 <x-apple-data-detectors://7>: 2 pm – 4 pm <x-apple-data-detectors://8>

We would also be grateful if you would share this information with anyone you know who might be interested.

If you have any questions about the workshops, please contact workshop coordinator KC Chun at kristenchun33 at gmail.com <mailto:kristenchun33 at gmail.com>.

Best and more to you,
KC

KC Chun (she, hers)
Alexander Technique, M.AmSAT
Registered Somatic Movement Educator and Therapist, ISMETA
freshblood | onebodyintegrated.org <http://onebodyintegrated.org/>
267/945-3587 (cell)
kristenchun33 at gmail.com <mailto:kristenchun33 at gmail.com>