[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] Audition Notice - Kalila Kingsford Smith Dance

Kalila Kingsford Smith kalilakingsfordsmith at gmail.com
Fri Mar 1 16:23:55 EST 2019

Seeking Dancers for Fringe Festival Performance

Kalila Kingsford Smith Dance (KKSD) is seeking dancers for an upcoming project to be performed in the Fringe Festival (September 5-22, performance dates TBD). Dancers must be available on either Friday or Saturday afternoons for one weekly, three-hour rehearsal, which includes free company class, starting in late March. Rehearsal and show times will be decided based on dancer availability. Payment for performances is negotiable. Training in modern or contemporary dance is preferred but not required; all styles are welcome. Performers will be expected to engage in the creative process collaboratively, to improvise, and to learn and retain movement material from week to week. There is no fee to attend the audition, but pre-registration is required.

Audition Details:
March 15th from 4-6pm (Doors open at 3:30)
Mascher Space Cooperative
155 Cecil B. Moore Avenue
Philadelphia PA, 19122

Please email kalilakingsfordsmith at gmail.com to pre-register. Include your name, number, email address, and the times you are available to rehearse on Friday and Saturday afternoons.

About Kalila: I value thinking dancers who are open-minded, willing to collaborate, and who will bring their interests and inquiries into the creative process. My movement is grounded in modern dance, but includes contemporary influences. I am always learning new ways to investigate movement, and I am inspired by the various forms of training that dancers bring with them. I am seeking performers who are excited to enter an investigative process with me. For examples of my movement style, visit Instagram: @kkingsfordsmith or Facebook: Kalila Kingsford Smith Dance.