[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] Thursday contact improv jams next 2 weeks (Feb 28 and March 7) NOTE UNUSUAL LOCATION!

Loren Groenendaal lorengroenendaal at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 15:10:23 EST 2019

[Reminder: we are at Mascher for these jams. See below for directions.]

Contact Improvisation Jam
Thursdays 7-9 PM
Facilitated by Loren Groenendaal and Benjamin Pierce
Donation $5-10

Location: Mascher Space Cooperative
155 Cecil B. Moore Ave. Philadelphia, PA 19122
(near Berks and Girard stops of Market-Frankford Line, ring bell to get in)

Doors open at 6:50.  Please arrive, change, and be ready to go shortly
after 7:00, when we gather for an opening circle and guided warmup into
open dancing.

"Contact Improv is a movement form where dancers move to follow the play of
touch. Gravity and the floor are constant partners. Human touch unites the
forces that act upon the body with the sensations they produce within the
body." -Steve Paxton

A jam is a creative space for open improvisation, governed by mutual
respect and awareness.  A jam is an opportunity to play, to research, to
experiment, to express, to connect with others.  Dancing alone, in duets,
or in groups, we stretch our capacity to listen and lead as we follow the
dance.