[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] Adult Modern Dance on Tuesday evening is salty and fresh!

Loren Groenendaal lorengroenendaal at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 18:37:25 EST 2019

Hello Philadelphia area dancers,

You are invited to join me in the concluding class of the winter session.
Drop-in is totally fine on Tuesday 2/26 and for the Spring Session starting
on 3/19.

I said in the subject that the class is salty and fresh because I am
exploring tidal river inspire movement about salty ocean and fresh river
water mixing. Also, this material is new (fresh) and gets us sweaty
(salty).  More info below!

CONTEMPORARY MODERN DANCE FOR ADULTS
Tuesdays 6:30-8:00pm
Last Winter drop-in is February 26, 2019.
Spring Session is March 19 - May 21, 2019 (No class 3/5, 3/12, or 4/9)
Drop-in: $10-20
University City Arts League, 4226 Spruce St. Philadelphia, PA 19104, 3rd
floor rear dance studio (walk-up)

More info on the Winter session:
https://adult-contemporary-winter19-tues-west.eventbrite.com
Invite your friends to 2/26/19:
https://www.facebook.com/events/2217675525173371

More info on the Spring Session:
https://adult-contemporary-spring19-tues-west.eventbrite.com
Invite your friends to Spring:
https://www.facebook.com/events/416632752239563

This unique contemporary modern dance class is both creative and somatic.
Each class includes technical skills and creative opportunities. Imagery
and anatomical cues propel our movement and understanding of our bodies.
The movement vocabulary comes from teacher Loren Groenendaal's
choreographic interests connected to her work with Vervet Dance. The
movement is contemporary with influences from Modern Dance, Release
Technique, Bartenieff Fundamentals, Developmental Movement, Laban Movement
Analysis, and sometimes Hip Hop and classical Balinese Dance. This class
provides opportunities for understanding of your body, building
coordination, harnessing your strength, moving more ease-fully, learning
movement from others, and exploring one's own movement signature and
interests.

This class often includes working on the floor, and it is recommended to
wear clothes that cover shoulders and knees for comfort while moving. This
class is geared towards adults, but teens with dance training and focus may
join. This class is open to all genders.

Be in touch with any questions through LorenGroenendaal at gmail.com or
LorenTeachesMovement at gmail.com.

Happy dancing,
Loren

*Loren Groenendaal*
MFA in Choreography
BA in Dance and Visual Arts
Certified Movement Analyst
Freelance Teaching Artist as Loren Teaches Movement
<https://www.lorenteachesmovement.com/>
Founding Artistic Director of Vervet Dance <http://www.vervetdance.org/>
Founding Member, Curator of Impermanent Society of Philadelphia
<http://www.impermanentsociety.com/>
Founding Member, Board Member, Artist in Residence of Mascher Space
Cooperative <http://mascherdance.com/>

Accepting secure tax deductible donations to Vervet Dance through Fractured
Atlas
<https://www.fracturedatlas.org/site/fiscal/profile?id=8174#about_project> to
support our ongoing expenses and upcoming projects.