[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] Contact Improv Sunday Nov 18, 1pm @ Headlong with Tevyn

Curt Haworth curthaworth at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 16:07:22 EST 2018

*This Sunday's CI class (and the next) will be taught by Tevyn East!  *

*Location: *Headlong Studios, 1170 S. Broad St. (near Broad/Federal SEPTA
stop)
1 to 3 PM, every Sunday, $10 drop-in
Please arrive in time to dress and be ready to go at 1

*Class description: *Join Tevyn East for Contact Classes this coming Sunday
Nov 18th as well at Nov 25th. We will practice moving in and out of contact
and in and out of the floor as we learn to feel the floor through our
dancing partner. We will build comfort with following the momentum of our
falling bodies and explore what integrity and strength can be found while
being "off balance". Each class will allow time to play and explore
movement concepts through more open dancing.

*Tevyn East* is a dancer, educator, storyteller, activist with a long love
affair with Contact Improvisation. She has studied CI with Nancy Stark
Smith, Martin Keogh, Karl Frost, Brad Stoller among others and has taught
and nurtured contact communities in Nevada City, CA and in Charlottesville,
VA. She was a member of the Zen Monkey Project for 10 years, an
experimental dance theater company, with whom she studied, taught,
performed, directed, and produced multiple events. She is the artistic
director of Holy Fool Arts and the director of the Carnival de Resistance
and resides in Philadelphia. You can learn more at www.holyfoolarts.org

--

Curt Haworth

Artistic director, Movement and Performance

Artist in Residence, Mascher Space Cooperative

Curator, Impermanent Society of Philadelphia

Coordinator Contact Improv Philly

Professor, University of the Arts