[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] This Saturday: Body and Land at The Whole Shebang

The Whole Shebang art.at.shebang at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 10:16:23 EST 2018

Join us for the four part workshop series (take one or take them all!)
Force of Nature with EMBODIED ARCHIVE | Janna Meiring.

The FIRST SESSION is this Saturday November 17 2-5pm. Through a series of
guided movement explorations, we will notice and then archive images and
sensations that arise. We will work with cellular memory, tracing back
three generations, and we’ll also explore “rooting,” connecting our bodies
to the cycles of land memory.

In this workshop, we dig deep. With the new moon in Scorpio and the effects
of Mercury in Retrograde influencing our work, we will dig deep into the
body’s ability to sustain the hardest conditions.  We reach into the
stories of our own roots by focusing on cellular awareness. We ask what
parts of us need to be released, so that we can focus our energy and
amplify small actions.

SERIES OVERVIEW - In this series of seasonal workshops, work with EMBODIED
ARCHIVE | Janna Meiring to realign with your natural ability to work in
collaboration with the living, breathing cycles of Nature. As the series
moves throughout the dying season and into the spring season, recalibrate
your body-mind to keep your most powerful self intact for the ongoing task
of unravelling the systems that are no longer serving you. Engage with
nature, movement, self-care, and body-based practice.

4 monthly sessions: 11/17 2-5pm | 12/15 2-5pm | 1/12 11am-2pm | 2/9 2-5pm
whole series: $110 | drop in: advance $30/door $40 | More info
<https://thewholeshebangphilly.us10.list-manage.com/track/click?u=a333034144d9cb758e89a62e0&id=442320ea7a&e=07c5a6ca1c>
 and FB
<https://thewholeshebangphilly.us10.list-manage.com/track/click?u=a333034144d9cb758e89a62e0&id=6e27d8d1ff&e=07c5a6ca1c>
.