[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] Call for Proposals: Somatics in Dance Education Conference - DUE November 15 !

Lee Fogel leefogel at visioningbody.com
Wed Nov 7 15:00:23 EST 2018

Dear Philly Dancer/Mover/Educators!

As a member of the board of ISMETA (International Somatic Movement
Education and Therapy Association), I have had the pleasure and privilege
of getting to help manifest an exciting conference in Somatic Movement and
Dance Education
<https://www.ndeo.org/content.aspx?page_id=22&club_id=893257&module_id=316306&actr=4>
in collaboration with NDEO (National Dance Educators Association).

The Board of ISMETA just held our annual in person meeting, and would like
to extend an invitation to our local communities to present at this event
in June!

Read below and here
<https://www.ndeo.org/content.aspx?page_id=22&club_id=893257&module_id=316306&actr=4>
for more information.  The deadline is coming up *next Thursday 11/15. *Please
consider submitting a proposal even if you need to tweak or flesh it out
later!

*ISMETA & NDEO present:*

*Emerging Pathways*

*Within Somatic Movement & Dance Education*

*June 21-23, 2019*

*Gibney Studios New York, New York*

*CALL FOR PROPOSALS*

*Due by November 15, 2018*

*The conference provides a forum to experience and expand** the
intersections of Somatic Movement and Dance Education. How are dance and
somatic educators carving the future of our fields? **This
groundbreaking partnership, between two pioneering internationally
recognized organizations, will refine and deepen our common roots and
expanding frontiers.  Somatic movement sessions, panel discussions, current
research presentations, and curriculum design workshops are
encouraged. Special attention will be given to the discovery of new
somatic approaches and entry points for dance educators.*

The Call for Proposals link is here with a deadline of Nov 15th: SUBMIT A
PROPOSAL NOW !
<https://www.ndeo.org/content.aspx?page_id=22&club_id=893257&module_id=316306&actr=4>

Please seriously consider submitting a proposal. We have 64, hour long
slots available. Here is an opportunity to draw attention to your work with
a dynamite workshop, panel or curriculum design session.
--
*Lee Nussbaum Fogel, MA, RSME*
www.VisioningBody.com <http://www.visioningbody.com/>