[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] Doing Nothing; A Meditation in Motion

kristin narcowich knarcowich at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 1 18:39:32 EDT 2018

 Doing NothingA Meditation in Motion
"Everything I hear and see registers in my body!"
When:  7-8:30pm; November 7, 14, 21, 28; December 5, 12Where: Healing Arts Studio; 15 W Highland Ave. 2nd Floor; Chestnut Hill, PA 19118
Cost:  $20 drop-in
We know through brain research now about the remarkable effects of meditation.  We also know of the enhanced well-being of people practicing dance, which benefits their physical, mental, and emotional health.  They also notice an increase in pleasure hormones, improved motor functioning and balance, muscle strength, confidence, and heightened awareness of inner and outer space.Doing Nothing: Dance of Stillness, brings dance and meditation together as a powerful therapeutic practice.  A form of dance improvisation mobilizing creative expression and exchange of energy, we practice and learn to move in ways that are authentic.  In the process we become more aware of how we feel and experience life.  In each session you will be guided from a meditative place, with attention to breath, sensation, and emotion, and towards authentic expression.  As we learn to listen more deeply we gain more insight and awareness.
The soul and heart open with delight in being present with the healing wisdom of dance.
BRIGITTA HERRMANN, MA, R-DT is a native of Germany and former student of Mary Wigman, co-founder of Group Motion and Ausdruckstanz Dancetheater.  As a Philadelphia-based movement educator and dance artist, her teaching, performing and choreography since 1962 has been recognized nationally and internationally, integrating Body Mind Centering, Reiki, Somatic Psychology and Dance Movement Therapy, Creative Visualization, Brennan Healing Science, and Sound Healing.