[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] Soft Launch of the ALL NEW Philadelphia Dance Calendar

PhiladelphiaDANCE.org philadelphiadance at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 16:34:48 EDT 2018

After several months of development and some significant expenses (thanks
to PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Memberships), we have just launched the new
Philadelphia Dance Calendar, which may be viewed online at the same address
- http://www.philadelphiadance.org/calendar/

The previous calendar was developed on the Helios platform, and software
development had ceased, causing many of the functions to become
deprecated.  With the new calendar, you can create an account and log in to
manage your listings - add, edit, delete.  You now can upload photos as
opposed to simply linking them (please do not use high resolution photos,
it just takes up space and slows down response times). In addition, an all
new RSVP function has been added that allows you to collect attendee
information and view on you personal landing page. Lastly, multiple date
and same day but multiple times has been addressed and can now be
seamlessly added.

We have also integrated the calendar with Dance Box Office functions, so
now you can even sell tickets directly from your calendar listing.  All
tickets are processed securely with Stripe through Dance Box Office and
PhiladelphiaDANCE.org with checks being issued 5 business days after the
conclusion of a performance. eTickets are seamlessly created and emailed to
your guests for easy check in. In addition, you can also view ticket
purchases and guest information in your interface for easy box office
management. There is even a way to check off guests as they arrive if you
have a tablet or computer at your box office table. There is a $1.90
handling fee added to each ticket to the end user but your use of this
sales mechanism as the event producer is free and you retain the full
ticket price.

SOME GENERAL NOTES -
1. To use the calendar, you must first register an account and have it
approved before being able to log in. This is separate from ANY other login
you may have on PhiladelphiaDANCE sites.
2. All previous calendar listings for October, November & December have
already been migrated to the new calendar. As this was done under admin
access, you will not have immediate access to modify these events.  We will
do our best to associate them with your account once created but this is a
time consuming process. All NEW listings will be immediately associated
with your account.
3. All listings are moderated just as before and can take up to 24-48 hours
for approval.
4. While there is a large venue list to select from as well as event
organizer list, we will be updating this as we go forward with the latest
information and map codes.  There are just too many in the database to do
all at once in advance.  Your patience is appreciated.
5. A User's Guide has been posted as a link in the top main menu to assist.
We have also started an FAQ's section which we will propagate as
issues/questions arise.

KNOWN ISSUES BEING WORKED ON
1. At this time the only issue seems to be with the RSS feed which supplies
listings to our other PhiladelphiaDANCE web sites, including our home page.
While the linked event titles show, the date and times do not show in the
feed.  This is being worked on be several programmers and we hope to have
this resolved soon.
2. Yes, there is a bit of a learning curve but we have endeavored to make
this as intuitive as possible for adding events. Once you have the hang of
it, we firmly believe you will like all the new functions!

CHECK IT OUT ON THE WEB AT
http://www.philadelphiadance.org/calendar/

*PS - there will be limited tech support for the new calendar until after
Tuesday, October 23 as we are busy working on converting the Dance Class
Calendar and Tango Calendar.*

--

Tel. 484-469-0288
eFax. 610-672-1906