[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] Join us on October 20 - "What's next in the arts?"

Emily Herchenroether eherch at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 11:17:59 EDT 2018

Whether you are an active artist or a supporter of a community with a
vibrant creative economy (or anything inbetween) - I welcome you to join
the *Creative Conversation on October 20*! The day starts out with a
keynote by James Claiborne and then will move into a networking lunch and
smaller breakout sessions that tackle the question - "What's next in the
arts?"

More information below.

Get your tickets here
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/whats-next-in-the-arts-creative-conversation-symposium-tickets-49744496127?aff=ebdssbdestsearch>
:

________________
What's Next in the Arts? Creative Conversation Symposium

Emerging Arts Leaders: Philadelphia's Creative Conversation is our flagship
event, a dynamic mini-symposium held in October in chorus with emerging
arts leaders networks throughout the country as encouraged by Americans for
the Arts.  Our sixth annual Creative Conversation will feature engaging
keynote and breakout presentations, as well as opportunities for attendees
to share their thoughts.

James Claiborne

Public Programming Manager, African American Museum in Philadelphia
<https://www.aampmuseum.org/>

Our keynote speaker, James Claiborne, is a connected, passionate and
results-driven leader from the Philadelphia creative sector. Claiborne
will look
beyond current best practices to anticipate shifts that impact artists and
arts leaders in a wide variety of creative institutions.

 Breakout Sessions

Davinica Nemtzow

Founder/Executive Director, Creating United Empowerment
<https://www.cue.community/mission/>

*Build Your Own Seat at the Table: Addressing Underrepresentation in the
Arts* will address why representation matters, look at the impact of a few
successful grassroots arts organizations, and guide you through the
creation of your own inclusive spaces. Participants will leave this session
with a few leadership tools and action items to help them create their own
inclusive spaces, for themselves and others.

Lansie Sylvia

Senior Strategist, J2 Design <https://j2made.com/>

*Storytelling For Impact* will leave participants knowing how to tell
better stories themselves and train employees, board members, and
volunteers in the art of storytelling. Key principles from this workshop
can be applied across a variety of channels, from emails to social media to
your annual report.

Melissa Hamilton, Engagement Director

Jamaine Smith, Chief Commons Director

CultureWorks Greater Philadelphia <https://www.cultureworksphila.org/>

*WHAM! Deconstructing Power Dynamics Between Funders + Artists* will use
Design Thinking – a methodology providing solution-based approaches to
solving complex problems – to help us deconstruct and understand how
funders and artists can become more transparent with each other and
recognize how each brings equally necessary resources.

Schedule

10:00AM: Pre-Event Resume Review, Registration
11:00AM: Welcome, Keynote Presentation
12:00PM: Lunch & Networking
12:50PM: Breakout Session 1
1:40PM: Breakout Session 2
2:30PM: End

Bonus: Resume Review
Whether you’re fresh out of school, changing careers, or just looking to
make some updates, make an appointment with one of our resume reviewers: in
just fifteen minutes, we’ll give you essential, customized tips for making
your skills and experience stand out.

*Hosting Sponsor* – Drexel University Arts Administration & Museum
Leadership Program

<http://drexel.edu/westphal/academics/graduate/>

--

*Emily Herchenroether*