[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] Fidget performs The Backyard next weekend!

Megan Bridge megan at thefidget.org
Thu Sep 6 12:27:38 EDT 2018

Dear Philly Dance Community,

The Backyard  opens next week as part of the Philadelphia Fringe Festival. Beau Hancock and I (Megan Bridge) have been working with Steve Paxton and Lisa Nelson to develop this work over the past two summers. We can’t wait to share it with you.

Get your tickets in advance to guarantee your seat: https://fringearts.com/event/the-backyard/
OR see the show for FREE by volunteering: contact Julia Fisher j.elainefisher at gmail.com (we especially need volunteers for the Friday 9pm and Saturday 10pm shows).

Six shows in three days:

Friday September 14, 7pm
Friday September 14, 9pm
Saturday September 15, 6pm
Saturday September 15, 10pm
Sunday September 16, 4pm
Sunday September 16, 7pm

At thefidget space
1714 North Mascher St
Philadelphia PA, 19122

Tickets: $15, ordering in advance is recommended!

The Backyard was developed in residencies with Steve Paxton and Lisa Nelson at Mad Brook Farm in summers 2017 and 2018, and is performed by Megan Bridge and Beau Hancock. This improvised dance proposes a hyper-conscious inhabiting of time, space, and relationship—a radical invitation for intimacy and embodiment. With music by Robert Ashley.

We hope to see you at the show!

Sincerely,
Megan Bridge and Peter Price
co-directors, <fidget>