[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] Join the conversation!

Emily Herchenroether eherch at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 08:47:55 EDT 2018

*Interested in speaking at the Creative Conversation 2018 hosted by
Emerging Arts Leaders: Philadelphia?*

On Saturday, October 20th, Emerging Arts Leaders: Philadelphia will host
the annual Creative Conversations event at Drexel University’s URBN Center.
This year, we are exploring the topic of ‘What’s Next in the Arts.’

What’s Next in the Arts? explores critical issues in the arts through a
dynamic mini-symposium. Through a keynote discussion, as well as several
breakouts sessions, we’ll look beyond current best practices to anticipate
shifts that impact artists and arts leaders in a wide variety of creative
institutions. The symposium is an opportunity for participants to generate
progressive ideas, share a vision for future work, and strengthen alliances
across arts industries. After a keynote presentation, guests will join
interactive breakout sessions facilitated by local thought leaders and
enjoy a complimentary networking lunch.

*Have something important to say? We want to hear from you.* For the first
time ever, EAL:P is issuing a public Request for Proposals for our annual
Creative Conversation break-out sessions. Speakers will be paid to give two
forty-five minute presentations during the symposium.
*To apply, please fill out the 2018 Request for Proposal Form by September
1. Check out the RFP today!
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScPQe0PK_mRSkrM8h4a1EqjzCR_EHsQW9Dke7IdOEdnMb0zqQ/viewform>*

 *About the Creative Conversation 2018: *Emerging Arts Leaders:
Philadelphia’s annual Creative Conversation is one of hundreds of other
Creative Conversations held across the country by Americans for the Arts’
Emerging Leaders Network. Creative Conversation gathers community leaders
nationwide to discuss local arts, culture, and creativity to generate
partnerships and increased energy around the grassroots movement to elevate
the arts in America during National Arts & Humanities Month in October.
Past participants discussed the intersections of arts and other trades,
community-centered projects, and issues of equity, inclusion and
accessibility. This event furthers Americans for the Arts’ mission to
ensure that every American has access to the transformative power of the
arts.