[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] Audition and workshop for Allie Linn 7/18

Allie Linn allielinn20 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 15:45:54 EDT 2018

What: Workshop and audition for a new work  by Allie Linn about the major moments in our lives when we shed our old selves and change into a new version of ourselves.

When: Wednesday, July 18th 7:00-9:00pm

Where: The Iron Factory, 118 Fontain St Philadelphia, PA

What to bring: An item or two that represent a time in your life when you underwent a major change (journal entry, poem, keepsake, pictures, etc). These may be shared so bring something you feel comfortable sharing with a group.

Rehearsals will be Wednesday nights. The performance will most likely be the first or second weekend of December depending on dancer availability.

Please confirm attendance by emailing allielinn20 at gmail.com

Allie Linn is a local dancer and choreographer who works as a dance/movement therapist with children with autism, using creative movement as an agent for acceptance, change and growth. Allie has presented her work in KYL/D's InHale Performance Series as well as CoAction Dance Collective's showcase Co-a-lesce and The Iron Factory's performance series SHARE. In 2015 Allie co-choreographed with Julie Marinucci and danced in a piece called "Captured Memory" at the Performance Garage. Allie has danced for Julee Mahon and CoAction Dance Collective, Belle Alvarez, and Joy Madden in her piece "The Storytellers" which was performed in the 2017 Philadelphia Fringe Festival. Allie studied modern dance at George Mason University and received her masters degree in dance/movement therapy and counseling from Drexel University.