[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] Drexel Pilates Training Program

Drexel Pilates pilates at drexel.edu
Mon Jul 9 13:57:03 EDT 2018

The Drexel Pilates Training Program is now accepting applications for its 2018/2019 cohort.

The Drexel Pilates Training Program is designed to impart the full classical Pilates repertoire through the lens of clear biomechanics, sound pedagogy, dedication, and rigor. This 450 hour comprehensive training program ushers one small group of Apprentices through each 1-year cycle. Our approach involves each Apprentice experiencing significant contact time as both a teacher and a practitioner. We honor each individual's embodiment of the work, assessing every apprentice's performance and teaching in both practice and testing environments. We support each Apprentice as he or she steps into new levels of understanding, identifying areas of weakness and setting specific goals along the way. Our objective is to yield passionate and knowledgeable teachers who perform the work at a high level of integration and have a safe, confident, comprehensive sense of themselves as Pilates educators.

A commitment to the training program consists of 4-8 hours/week in the studio for 3,10 week modules. Each module also has 2 or 3 weekend long trainings and 2 or 3 Friday evening testing.

Email Program Coordinator Megan Quinn for more information and to begin the application process : mmq27 at drexel.edu