[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] Contact Improv class this Sunday 6/3 will be taught by Megan Wilson Stern

Curt Haworth curthaworth at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 11:59:57 EDT 2018

*CI class this Sunday 6/3 will be taught by Megan Wilson Stern*

*Location: *Headlong Studios, 1170 S. Broad St
<https://maps.google.com/?q=1170+S.+Broad+St&entry=gmail&source=g>. (near
Broad/Federal SEPTA stop)
1 to 3 PM, every Sunday, $10 drop-in
Please arrive in time to dress and be ready to go at 1

In class this week we will focus on time, and timing. We’ll work with
awareness practices and physical techniques that make us available for both
quick reflexive action and spacious open waiting. What worlds can open
inside of a moment, and where do receptivity and readiness meet? Using
rhythm, changeability, and flow, we will look for a sense of vitality and
freedom in our dancing.

Megan Wilson Stern is a movement artist and educator who has been studying
Contact Improvisation for over 10 years. She has travelled regularly to
attend workshops and jams with some of the most experienced CI teachers,
and her work has been especially influenced by studying with Nancy Stark
Smith and Karen Nelson. She has also collaborated and performed with many
Philadelphia artists and dance companies and has taught Yoga at Temple
University and dance to young children. In 2015, Megan began professional
training in the Feldenkrais Method in New York City. Megan was born and
raised in North Carolina and received a BFA in Dance in 2009 from the
University of North Carolina at Greensboro. She is nearing the end of a
long, meandering move to Albuquerque, NM where she will begin living this
summer.

--
Curt Haworth
733 Federal St