[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] LAST CHANCE - TreeWaterLand this Saturday - outdoor movement meditation practice

The Whole Shebang art.at.shebang at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 10:34:53 EDT 2018

This Saturday at Washington Avenue Pier, join us for the last session of
TreeWaterLand... rain or shine! (meet at 905 Water Street)
*June 2: 10:30am-12pm.*

*TREE WATER LAND - an outdoor movement meditation workshop!*

Pre register: http://www.thewholeshebangphilly.com/take-classes/treewaterl
and-workshop-facilitated-by-esther-baker-tarpaga-may-2018

*sliding scale $10-20- no one turned away for lack of funds. A portion of
the proceeds will be donated to the Native American Rights fund.*

This is a moving meditation walk workshop facilitated by Esther
Baker-Tarpaga. In this workshop you will listen and move with the
environment, yourself, and the community that showed up that day. You can
go to all sessions or just one. We will gather at 905 South Water Street,
Philadelphia, 19147
<https://maps.google.com/?q=905+South+Water+Street,+Philadelphia,+19147&entry=gmail&source=g>
(street parking in front of Old Swedes Church).  We will get our heart rate
up as we walk to the Washington Pier entrance at the corner of Washington
and Columbus Blvd, the path is found just south of the Coast Guard
Entrance. We will check-in and proceed with a 15-minute sitting, standing,
or walking meditation. Then we move into guided stretching and
strengthening followed by a joyful heartbeat-raising circuit session for 30
minutes, which you can approach as gently or as vigorously as you choose.
In the last 30 minutes of the workshop we will creatively explore and
complete a task.  Each week will be interwoven with themes such as; stories
and lineages, environmental justice around us, Native Plants and Trees, and
migration.

*Meeting Location and Easy Parking: Old Swedes- On Gloria Dei Church
National Historic Site. 904 S Water Street, Philadelphia 19147
<https://maps.google.com/?q=904+S+Water+Street,+Philadelphia+19147&entry=gmail&source=g>*

This event will happen rain or shine! If you are coming from farther away
we can lock your items in my car in front of church. weather can shift so
layers are a good idea.

See you Saturday!