[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] Let's kick off our weekend with some dancing at The Iron Factory tmrw am!

Kate Seethaler kate.seethaler at gmail.com
Thu May 24 18:03:59 EDT 2018

**Join Kate Seethaler every Friday morning at The Iron Factory for open
contemporary class—a hearty practice for the body and soul!

—10-11:30 am at The Iron Factory (3rd floor of 118 Fontain St)

—$10 class fee (cash, check, PayPal or venmo)

—Class continues weekly until the end of June!

https://www.facebook.com/events/144901702880167/?ti=icl

*Friday morning contemporary technique with Kate Seethaler is an
intermediate-advanced level dance class open to anyone who wants to move
thoughtfully and with rigor. Working towards a grounded and direct approach
to movement, our practice is infused with somatic principles and
experiential improvisations. Class work explores a variety of contemporary
dance practices, including sensation-based floor work, improvisational
scores, technically-focused warmup exercises, nuanced phrase work, and much
more. We unpack the physics of movement, ride the wave of momentum, sweep
unabashedly through space, and hone our perceptions to find sublime
subtlety. Senses of fun and curiosity are the only prerequisites. Join us!

KATE SEETHALER is an improviser, choreographer, dance educator, performer,
and relatively new Philadelphian. Her artistic work moves from questions
about the audience/performer relationship, the line (if one exists) between
serious and silly, and utilizing improvisation to access other realms of
perception. Kate has had the recent pleasures of working with
choreographers Deborah Goffe/Scapegoat Garden, Katie Martin, Stephanie
Turner, Barbie Diewald, and Rabble & Twine. Kate has served on the
faculties of Springfield College, School for Contemporary Dance & Thought,
Aldrich Pilates, The Taft School, and at Smith College as a Gretchen Moran
Teaching Fellow. She earned her MFA in Dance/Choreography and Performance
from Smith College in 2016, and her BA from Springfield College in 2008.
Kate currently serves as the Space Coordinator for Mascher Space
Cooperative, where she is also an artist-in-residence.

--
*Kate Seethaler*, MFA
teaching artist, The Iron Factory