[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] Dance class with Shannon Murphy tomorrow PLUS upcoming workshops

The Whole Shebang art.at.shebang at gmail.com
Tue May 15 10:58:08 EDT 2018

*get that lovin', get that movin', get that dancin'! *

*Dancing Dynamically, Autonomously with Shannon Murphy continues tomorrow
Wednesday May 16 10am-12pm. *(continues Wednesdays through May)
Intermediate/Advanced technique class
$12 for working artists/students / $15 general / $10 with a 5 or 10 class
card
more info and to pre-purchase: http://www.thewholeshebangphilly.com/
take-classes/shannon

Dancing Dynamically, Autonomously, blends the imagery and functional
anatomy of Franklin Method with contemporary dance practices. Geared toward
professionals, the class challenges both the body and mind with direction
changes, alternating between sides of the body, and moving in and out of
the floor. Shannon is interested in playing with the body through phrase
work, looking for dynamic ranges that come from desire and sensation as
well as from other stimuli such as sound, the specifics of the studio, and
the other bodies dancing. Class often entails Franklin Method fascial warm
ups, improvisation, detailed floor and phrase work, and small jumps.
Contact knee pads are suggested.

*PLUS PLUS PLUS this Saturday come play outside...*

*TreeWaterLand workshop, facilitated by Esther Baker-Tarpaga*
5 Saturdays 10:30am-12pm: May 5, 12, 19, 26, and June 2
sliding scale: $10-20
attend one session or all | any one, any level, any discipline

This is a moving meditation walk and creative workshop in the outdoor
environment. We will first gather together at 905 Water Street and then get
our heart rate up as we walk to the Washington Pier entrance at the corner
of Washington and Columbus Blvd. We will check-in and proceed with a
15-minute sitting, standing, or walking meditation. Then we move into
guided stretching and strengthening followed by a joyful heartbeat-raising
circuit session for 30 minutes, which you can approach as gently or as
vigorously as you choose. In the last 30 minutes of the workshop we will
creatively explore and complete a task.  Each week will be interwoven with
themes such as; stories and lineages, environmental justice around us,
native plants and trees, migration, and deep listening.

A portion of all proceeds will be donated to Friends of Nanticoke
Lenni-Lenape <http://www.nanticoke-lenape.info/friends.htm>. More info:
http://www.thewholeshebangphilly.com/take-classes/treewaterland-
workshop-facilitated-by-esther-baker-tarpaga-may-2018