[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] TOMORROW Blood, Sea: salty, fluid dances workshop with Nicole Bindler

The Whole Shebang art.at.shebang at gmail.com
Fri May 11 11:34:01 EDT 2018

Join us THIS SATURDAY MAY 12 for the third and final session of Nicole
Bindler <https://www.facebook.com/nicole.bindler?fref=mentions>'s spring
Embodied Anatomy series, Blood, Sea: salty, fluid dances! This session will
be a hybrid Contact Improvisation/Body-Mind Centering® workshop exploring
polarities as they manifest in the blood and cerebrospinal fluid, which are
the heaviest and lightest fluids in the body. Using these fluids to find
opposition and balance in our bodies, we will transition between these
poles through nonlinear and spiral pathways.
*in advance $18 general/$15 artists | at the door $20 general/$18 artists*

Scroll down for more info and register at http://www.thewholeshebangp
hilly.com/take-classes/embodied-anatomy-with-nicole-bindler

------------

About Blood, Sea: salty, fluid dances -

Nicole Bindler's spring BMC classes are inspired by her current
choreographic research and several threads that are explored in Body-Mind
Centering: our evolution from the ocean to land, our ontogenetic journey
from the amniotic sea of the womb to adulthood, and the embodied anatomy of
the fluids, which can inspire and support our movement.

The title is drawn from the writing of Italo Calvino. His short story,
"Blood, Sea" refers to the balance of salinity in our blood and in the
ocean from which we humans evolved: “Bathed by the primordial wave which
continues to flow in the arteries, our blood in fact has a chemical
composition analogous to that of the sea of our origins.” As we evolved
into terrestrial beings, we brought the sea inside of us onto land.

*Saturday May 12, 11am-2pmSpirals and Polarities within Contact
Improvisation: Blood and Cerebrospinal Fluid*

This hybrid Contact Improvisation/Body-Mind Centering® workshop will
explore polarities as they manifest in the blood and cerebrospinal fluid,
which are the heaviest and lightest fluids in the body. In utero the blood
forms in the yolk sac in the front, and the cerebrospinal fluid arises from
the amniotic fluid in the back. Within these two fluids we can find
opposition and balance between front/back, inner/outer, gravity/space,
folding/extending, rolling/sloughing, and underdancer/overdancer. The
transitions between these poles are nonlinear and take us into spiral
pathways.