[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] Cherry Pop Pie comes to Philly this June

Megan Mizanty mizanty101 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 16:30:34 EDT 2018

*Save the date: Premiere of Cherry Pop Pie (and other American Tales)  in
PhiladelphiaNew York-based dance company MizantyMoves Dance premieres its
newest work, Cherry Pop Pie (and other American Tales), at The Iron
Factory. Inspired by prime-time television crime dramas from the 90s and
beyond, this quartet imagines the lives - and afterlives - of four
fictional women.   This non-linear narrative utilizes movement and live
vocal performances, exploring violence against women in popular American
media, the consumption of normalized violence in contemporary culture and
The Disposable Woman.  Why do we sensationalize horror? Why do we love
crime dramas? Performed by company members Larissa Asebedo, Joan Bradford,
Kailey McCrudden and Madi McGain,  with original live sound and movement by
Megan Mizanty and collaborators, Cherry Pop Pie blends every “Law and
Order” episode you’ve seen into a distinct dance theatre experience.
*******Cherry Pop Pie (and other American Tales)A New Premiere from
MizantyMoves DanceArtistic Director: Megan Mizanty Tickets available
starting May Friday, June 22nd at 7 p.m.The Iron Factory118 Fontain Street,
3rd Floor *

Promo Vid: https://bit.ly/2vLEk41