[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] Creative and Somatic Dance for Adults and Kids, today through June 6

Loren Groenendaal lorengroenendaal at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 12:08:43 EDT 2018

Hi Philadelphia,

I hope you can come out for some classes this week and in the future:

*FOR ADULTS:*

*MODERN DANCE*
Tuesdays 6:30-8:00 PM
University City Arts League, 4226 Spruce St. Philadelphia, PA 19104, 3rd
floor rear dance studio

*Today April 24 and beyond drop-in possible, but you can also get a
discount for signing up for the next session:*
Spring 2 Session is May 8-29 (4 weeks)
More info and Registration:
https://adultmodern-spring2-tuesdays-west.eventbrite.com
Invite your friends: https://www.facebook.com/events/2004093733161879/

Right now, I am working on material with unique relationships of our distal
edges to our center through both choreographed exercises and dances as well
as improvised guided explorations. By May 8, I will probably have another
focus, but I plan on having a mix of Bartenieff and Modern technique, with
creativity, and set phrase work.

*FOR CHILDREN: (in age order)*

*STORYDANCE, AGES 2-5*
Thursdays 2:30-3:30pm, *resumes May 3 (next week)*
University City Arts League, 4226 Spruce St. Philadelphia, PA 19104

*You can try it once on May 3 before you commit. Drop-in will only be
possible after that if there is enough enrollment to run the class.*
Spring 2 session is May 3-31 (5 weeks).
More info and Registration:
https://storydance-spring2018-thursdays-west.eventbrite.com
Invite your friends: https://www.facebook.com/events/182144632512542/

*CREATIVE MOVEMENT, AGES 3-5*
Wednesdays 5:15-6:00pm
Philadelphia Tango School, 2030 Frankford Ave. Philadelphia, PA 19125

*DROP-IN is possible tomorrow April 25 through June 6, but signing up for
the session gives you a discount:*
Spring 2 is May to June 6 (6 weeks)
More info and Registration:
https://creativemovement-spring2018-wed-fishtown.eventbrite.com
Invite your friends: https://www.facebook.com/events/411336329319287/

*MAKING MOVES, AGES 7-12 *
Tuesdays 5:30-6:30 PM
University City Arts League, 4226 Spruce St. Philadelphia, PA 19104, 3rd
floor rear dance studio

*Drop-in is possible on May 1 to try it, after that I would like
commitment, so we can accumulate our learning in a performance on the last
day.*
May Session is May 1-29 (5 weeks)
More Info and Registration:
https://makingmoves-may-tuesdays-west.eventbrite.com
Invite your friends: https://www.facebook.com/events/356757754824453/

*Email LorenTeachesMovement at gmail.com <LorenTeachesMovement at gmail.com> with
interest and questions*

Best,
Loren

*Loren Groenendaal*
MFA in Choreography
BA in Dance and Visual Arts
Certified Movement Analyst
Freelance Teaching Artist as Loren Teaches Movement
<https://www.lorenteachesmovement.com/>
Founding Artistic Director of Vervet Dance <http://www.vervetdance.org/>
Founding Member, Curator of Impermanent Society of Philadelphia
<http://www.impermanentsociety.com/>
Founding Member, Board Member, Artist in Residence of Mascher Space
Cooperative <http://mascherdance.com/>

Accepting secure tax deductible donations to Vervet Dance through Fractured
Atlas
<https://www.fracturedatlas.org/site/fiscal/profile?id=8174#about_project> to
support our ongoing expenses and upcoming projects.