[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] TreeWaterLand begins May 5 - a moving meditation workshop with Esther Baker-Tarpaga

The Whole Shebang art.at.shebang at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 15:39:57 EDT 2018

Join us for a joyful moving meditation walk and creative workshop at
Washington Avenue Pier!

*TreeWaterLand workshop, facilitated by Esther Baker-Tarpaga*
5 Saturdays 10:30am-12pm: May 5, 12, 19, 26, and June 2
sliding scale: $10-20
attend one session or all | any one, any level, any discipline

This is a moving meditation walk and creative workshop in the outdoor
environment. We will first gather together and then get our heart rate up
as we walk to the Washington Pier entrance at the corner of Washington and
Columbus Blvd. We will check-in and proceed with a 15-minute sitting,
standing, or walking meditation. Then we move into guided stretching and
strengthening followed by a joyful heartbeat-raising circuit session for 30
minutes, which you can approach as gently or as vigorously as you choose.
In the last 30 minutes of the workshop we will creatively explore and
complete a task.  Each week will be interwoven with themes such as; stories
and lineages, environmental justice around us, native plants and trees,
migration, and deep listening.

A portion of all proceeds will be donated to Friends of Nanticoke
Lenni-Lenape <http://www.nanticoke-lenape.info/friends.htm>.

More info and to register: http://www.thewholes
hebangphilly.com/take-classes/treewaterland-workshop-
facilitated-by-esther-baker-tarpaga-may-2018