[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] VIVARTANA : Dance Transforms Coming Saturday

Sruti Philadelphia srutiphila at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 06:50:41 EDT 2018

VIVARTANA : Dance Transforms

A Bharatanatyam Presentation by Rama Vaidyanathan and group.

Saturday, April 21st, 2018 04:30 PM

Life Sciences Building 101 Admission Drive

Doylestown, PA 18901

*TICKETS HERE*
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/vivartana-a-bharatanatyam-performance-by-rama-vaidyanathan-tickets-42808821337

Dance transforms my pulse to pace with rhythm And I become one with rhythm
Dance transforms the space around me And I become one with space Dance
transforms my body from still to motion And I become one with movement
Dance transforms my soul from singular to plural And I become one with the
world Dance is a latent gift within each human being and undoubtedly it is
a multilayered power house of transformation. Not only does it transform us
physically, emotionally, spiritually and culturally, it also has the
capacity to touch the world and eventually to change or transform it. It
alters the visual physical space around the dancer, brings about a change
in the relation between the Dancer and the Dance and finally awards a life
changing experience to anyone and everyone who comes into contact with it.
PRATIKRIYA "DANCE RESPONDS" - Poem in English by Rama Vaidyanathan,
translated into Sanskrit by Divyanand Jha. Music Composition Ramya
Sundareshan Kapadia. SAMYOGA "DANCE MERGES" - Tamil Verses from Tirumular's
Tirumandiram. Music composition Dr S Vasudevan. NIMAGNA "DANCE IMMERSES" -
Poem in Persian by Rumi, music composition by Rajat Prasanna (Resource
persons Dr Sayeeda Hameed and Prof Masud Alvi ), Poem in Kashmiri by
Lalded, music composition Rajat Prasanna, Poem in Braj Bhasha by Meera Bai,
Poem by Muthuswamy Dikshitar. PRATIBODHANA "DANCE AWAKENS" - Poem in
Gujarati by Narsihn Mehta ( Resource person Dr Harsha Dehejia) music
composition Dr S Vasudevan. RASA BHAVA "DANCE EVOKES" - Sanskrit verses
from Nandikeswara's Abhinaya Darpana, music composition K Venkateshwaran.

Free admission with preferred seating available for Sruti sponsors.
Please become a sponsor at http://sruti.org/sruti/srutiMembership.asp
Tax-deductible donations can be made to Sruti at Paypal
<http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=VY772YMDMBZQE>using
credit cards as well
Visit our Website: www.sruti.org
Become a Facebook Fan at www.facebook.com/srutiphila