[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] Create A Performance With Someone New!

Mira Treatman miratreatman at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 15:24:43 EDT 2018

Blind [Art] Date Workshop
April 22 - 12:00 - 3:00 pm Workshop with Mira Treatman
April 26 - 7:00 pm FREE Performance

954 Dance Movement Collective
954 N. 8th Street, Philadelphia

What makes a collaboration successful to you? What areas of your practice,
artistic or otherwise, need the kind of TLC only provided by working with a
brand new person? What is intrinsically valuable about making creative work
in proximity to others?

We’ll use blind dating as a method of examining our notions of process and
relating. In the workshop session we'll analyze our tendencies and attempt
to frame them in context to uncover the buried biases we didn’t even know
we had about working with each “other.” All workshop participants will be
given a blind art date and each couple will have the opportunity to share
what they create 3 days later in a public showing. Instructor Mira Treatman
will be available during the interim to assist in the collaboration through
Skype and email.

Space is limited, register here: www.miratreatman.com/upn
ext/2018/4/22/blind-dating-collaboration-workshop

Blind [Art] Date is a part of 954 DMC's Springading:
More here: https://954dmc.weebly.com/springading.html
<https://954dmc.weebly.com/springading.html>