[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] One week left for Deborah Hay application

Zornitsa at Here[begin] Dance zornitsa at herebegindance.com
Wed Apr 18 10:58:52 EDT 2018

Dear dance community,

As the Programs Coordinator at Mascher, I'm bringing the legendary Deborah
Hay for a workshop this summer.
Please, share the news and consider applying for it.

The workshop is actually cheaper than any I have seen her do elsewhere in
the world.
While we can't offer financial assistance as we need to pay her fee,
housing, travel and per-diem, we are super supportive if you want to raise
the money through your community.
We can provide language, photos and anything else you may need.

Please consider applying for this amazing workshop.

This workshop is open only to professional level dancers/movers/makers and
you need to be able to commit to the whole week.
If you are a grad student, please apply as well and let us know about it.
We just can't accommodate undergrads at this time.

DEADLINE to apply April 25th, 2018

APPLICATION HERE:
http://www.mascherdance.org/event/deborah-hay-workshop-philadelphia-2018/

a continuity of discontinuity or a way to practice dance

no walking, no running, no laying on the floor, no hanging out in the body,
no stretching, no floppy arms or hands, no deliberate loss of grounding, no
noodling, no prolonged narrative movement, no obvious sequence of movement,
no prolonged body memory apparent, no time to explore, no obvious
frontality, no need to be creative or unique, no obvious adrenalin driven
movement, no apparent inner timing driving your dancing, no hesitation or
reconsideration.

WHEN:
June 11th - 15th, 2018 from 10am - 5pm all at Mascher Space Cooperative with
an hour lunch each day.

HOW MUCH:
$420 to $480 sliding scale for the week (cheaper than any of her workshops
anywhere else in the world)

MORE INFO:

A Mascher Space subsidized project, this workshop is open to professional
level dance artists.  We are opening 8 spots for Mascher members(which is
now full) and 8 spots for non-members.
If you are interested, but don't live in Philadelphia, we will help you find
housing for the duration of the workshop.

Previous familiarity with Deborah Hay's work is not required, but we are
trying to create a well-balanced and rigorous group of attendees.  This is
why we have a short application process.

Email me back if you have any questions!

Zornitsa

performance artist | curator | lighting designer | photographer | filmmaker
| teacher
writer for thinkingdance.net

 <http://www.herebegindance.com> www.herebegindance.com