[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] Deborah Hay in Philadelphia

Zornitsa at Here[begin] Dance zornitsa at herebegindance.com
Tue Apr 10 11:20:53 EDT 2018

Dear dance community,

The legendary Deborah Hay is coming to offer a workshop this summer at
Mascher Space Cooperative.

Please, share the news and consider applying for it.

DEADLINE to apply April 25th, 2018

APPLICATION HERE:
http://www.mascherdance.org/event/deborah-hay-workshop-philadelphia-2018/

a continuity of discontinuity or a way to practice dance

no walking, no running, no laying on the floor, no hanging out in the body,
no stretching, no floppy arms or hands, no deliberate loss of grounding, no
noodling, no prolonged narrative movement, no obvious sequence of movement,
no prolonged body memory apparent, no time to explore, no obvious
frontality, no need to be creative or unique, no obvious adrenalin driven
movement, no apparent inner timing driving your dancing, no hesitation or
reconsideration.

WHEN:

June 11th - 15th, 2018 from 10am - 5pm all at Mascher Space Cooperative with
an hour lunch each day.

HOW MUCH:

Mascher Members price - $140 for the week Non - Member price is $420 to $480
sliding scale for the week

MORE INFO:

A Mascher Space subsidized project, this workshop is open to professional
level dance artists.  We are opening 8 spots for Mascher members and 8 spots

for non-members.   If you are interested, but don't live in Philadelphia, we

will help you find housing for the duration of the workshop.

Previous familiarity with Deborah Hay's work is not required, but we are
trying to create a well-balanced and rigorous group of attendees.  This is
why we have a short application process.

Thank you,

Zornitsa Stoyanova

Programs Coordinator at Mascher Space

performance artist | curator | lighting designer | photographer | filmmaker
| teacher
writer for thinkingdance.net

 <http://www.herebegindance.com> www.herebegindance.com