[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] $5 Performance Workshop Tomorrow!

Mira Treatman miratreatman at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 13:54:02 EDT 2018

Take a Workshop with me at 954 Dance Movement Collective
$5 Community Classes!

Performance for Everyone
Tuesdays - 6:00 - 9:00 pm
April 10 and May 8
954 Dance Movement Collective
954 N. 8th Street, Philadelphia

Take risks and explore performance in an encouraging group of dancers,
artists, movers, and thinkers. This dance-theatre workshop is a literal
party for curious minds of any experience level to make discoveries about
what it means to be witnessed by an audience. Come prepared to move, use
your voice, write, and reflect. Drop-ins are welcome, but attending all
three sessions is a great way to build your familiarity with the practices
we'll revisit at each time.

Just $5 at the door for each session
www.miratreatman.com/upnext

PLUS!
Blind [Art] Date
954 DMC Springading $10 Drop-In Workshop
April 22 - 12:00 - 3:00 pm Workshop with Mira Treatman
April 23-25 Art Dates
April 26 - 7:00 pm Performance Starts (Session 6-9pm)

954 Dance Movement Collective
954 N. 8th Street, Philadelphia

What makes a collaboration successful to you? What areas of your practice,
artistic or otherwise, need the kind of TLC only provided by working with a
brand new person? What is intrinsically valuable about making creative work
in proximity to others?

We’ll use blind dating as a method of examining our notions of process and
relating. In the workshop session we'll analyze our tendencies and attempt
to frame them in context to uncover the buried biases we didn’t even know
we had about working with each “other.” All workshop participants will be
given a blind art date and each couple will have the opportunity to share
what they create 3 days later in a public showing. Instructor Mira Treatman
will be available during the interim to assist in the collaboration through
Skype and email.

Register Here: www.miratreatman.com/upnext/2018/4/22/blind-dating-
collaboration-workshop
More Springading: https://954dmc.weebly.com/springading.html
<https://954dmc.weebly.com/springading.html>

--
Mira Treatman
www.miratreatman.com

Up Next:
3/6 - 5/8 Performance for Everyone Workshops at 954 DMC
4/22-25 Blind Date Collaboration Workshop at 954 DMC
5/7 Scratch Night at FringeArts