[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] Dance class with Shannon Murphy tomorrow PLUS upcoming workshops

The Whole Shebang art.at.shebang at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 15:01:48 EDT 2018

*get that lovin', get that movin', get that dancin'! *

*Dancing Dynamically, Autonomously with Shannon Murphy continues tomorrow
Wednesday March 28 10-11:30am. *(continues Wednesdays through May)
Intermediate/Advanced technique class
$12 for working artists/students / $15 general / $10 with a 5 or 10 class
card
more info and to pre-purchase: http://www.thewholeshebangphil
ly.com/take-classes/shannon

Dancing Dynamically, Autonomously, blends the imagery and functional
anatomy of Franklin Method with contemporary dance practices. Geared toward
professionals, the class challenges both the body and mind with direction
changes, alternating between sides of the body, and moving in and out of
the floor. Shannon is interested in playing with the body through phrase
work, looking for dynamic ranges that come from desire and sensation as
well as from other stimuli such as sound, the specifics of the studio, and
the other bodies dancing. Class often entails Franklin Method fascial warm
ups, improvisation, detailed floor and phrase work, and small jumps.
Contact knee pads are suggested.

*PLUS PLUS PLUS two very exciting upcoming workshops...*

JUST ANNOUNCED... *TreeWaterLand workshop, facilitated by Esther
Baker-Tarpaga*
5 Saturdays 10:30am-12pm: May 5, 12, 19, 26, and June 2
sliding scale: $10-20
attend one session or all | any one, any level, any discipline

This is a moving meditation walk and creative workshop in the outdoor
environment. We will first gather together and then get our heart rate up
as we walk to the Washington Pier entrance at the corner of Washington and
Columbus Blvd. We will check-in and proceed with a 15-minute sitting,
standing, or walking meditation. Then we move into guided stretching and
strengthening followed by a joyful heartbeat-raising circuit session for 30
minutes, which you can approach as gently or as vigorously as you choose.
In the last 30 minutes of the workshop we will creatively explore and
complete a task.  Each week will be interwoven with themes such as; stories
and lineages, environmental justice around us, native plants and trees,
migration, and deep listening.

A portion of all proceeds will be donated to Friends of Nanticoke
Lenni-Lenape <http://www.nanticoke-lenape.info/friends.htm>. More info:
http://www.thewholeshebangphilly.com/take-classes/treewaterland-workshop-facilitated-by-esther-baker-tarpaga-may-2018

AND ONLY 12 DAYS LEFT until *Unfolding The Transgressive Body (a
reclamation of our time) with Jaamil Olawale Kosoko*. Come dive deep into
radical performance-making and self care!
Sunday April 8 10am-4pm
sliding scale: $80-100
more info:
http://www.thewholeshebangphilly.com/take-classes/unfolding-the-transgressive-body