[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] "In the Light" durational performance Sunday 3/25

Loren Groenendaal lorengroenendaal at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 19:14:02 EDT 2018

Hello Philadelphia dance community,

You are invited to "In the Light"
<https://www.facebook.com/events/1989961611225081/>, a durational music and
dance performance that lasts from sunrise to sunset or 6:55am-7:17pm on
Sunday, March 25. This should be a beautiful opportunity to experience time
and rhythm in a new way. The audience is free to come and go and if you
would like to reserve a meal ticket, purchase by the end of Wednesday 3/21.

Best,
Loren

*In the Light <https://www.facebook.com/events/1989961611225081/>*
by Vervet Dance <http://www.vervetdance.org/>
Sunday, March 25 sunrise to sunset (6:55am-7:17pm)
Mascher Space Cooperative <http://www.mascherdance.org/>, 155 Cecil B.
Moore. Philadelphia, PA 19122
More info: https://www.facebook.com/events/1989961611225081/
Advance tickets $10-45: https://www.artful.ly/vervetdance/store/events/14756

Vervet Dance <http://www.vervetdance.org/> presents their semi-composed
durational music and dance performance, "In the Light" directed by Loren
Groenendaal. This durational performance lasts all day, from sunrise to
sunset. The audience is invited to come and go and to observe or not.

We will be performing once each season, sensing the natural rhythms of
ourselves, our community and the relationship between earth and sun. We
will be performing without electricity, solely lit by the sun and powered
by ourselves without amplification. We aim to enhance empathy to ourselves
and others, to work and play to our limits, but not past our limits for an
epic, but sustainable aesthetic and social endeavor. We will engage in the
radical behaviors of recuperating in public, repeating while recognizing
there is no true repetition, shifting gradually and dramatically; moving
and sounding with breathing, sensing, and awareness; composing in the
moment, and discovering new artistic territory.

Artists for Spring *In the Light* include musicians, dancers, cooks, and
photographer: Alpha_Alpha, Sean Thomas Boyt, Wyman Brantley, Nathan Dawley,
Melinda Faylor, Michael Bradford Forbes, Loren Groenendaal, Jen
Kertis-Veit, Katherine Kiefer Stark, Eliot Klein, Chloe Marie Newton,
Connor Przybyszewski, Mick Ricereto, Jenny Roe Sawyer, Margot Electra
Steinberg, Michele Tantoco, Andy Thierauf, Schuyler Thum, and Mauri Walton.

Feedback from audience members of earlier "In the Light" excerpts:
"organic flow"
"magnetic"
"weird, in a good way"
"no expectations"
"awesome"

Spring meal will be vegan with options without gluten, nightshades, onion,
garlic, sugar, fruit, soy, or nuts. Food is only available with advance
tickets <http://tickets./> by Wednesday 3/21 night.

I am also looking for a one more volunteer to help with the show,
5:30pm-8:30pm. This work exchange position come with a full day performance
ticket and all meals. During the shift, you will be mostly greeting the
audience. It is necessary to have a cell phone with the ability to text.
For this final shift , it would be best to have some one willing to help
with heavier lifting as we put back some furniture and load things to cars.
This shift may dismiss early as the show ends around 7:17pm and the
clean-up may take less than an hour.

QUESTIONS: VervetDance at gmail.com or LorenGroenendaal at gmail.com

*Loren Groenendaal*
MFA in Choreography
BA in Dance and Visual Arts
Certified Movement Analyst
Freelance Teaching Artist as Loren Teaches Movement
<https://www.lorenteachesmovement.com/>
Founding Artistic Director of Vervet Dance <http://www.vervetdance.org/>
Founding Member, Curator of Impermanent Society of Philadelphia
<http://www.impermanentsociety.com/>
Founding Member, Board Member, Artist in Residence of Mascher Space
Cooperative <http://mascherdance.com/>

Accepting secure tax deductible donations to Vervet Dance through Fractured
Atlas
<https://www.fracturedatlas.org/site/fiscal/profile?id=8174#about_project> to
support our ongoing expenses and upcoming projects.